Over 1 million tech questions and answers.

wwan modem for thinkpad t530

Q: wwan modem for thinkpad t530

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 200
Preferred Solution: wwan modem for thinkpad t530

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/download.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

RELEVANCY SCORE 69.2

Anyone know where to buy the antennas for this product Thinkpad Fibocom L850-GL CAT9 M.2 WWAN. I would be a great help. Also do I need a professional to install these cables?

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 68

Hi there, I want to upgrade my wlan-card to an ac-model. As there are still no ac-cards on the bios-whiteliste, my question is if a wlan-card (mayby with a taped pin 20) would work in the wwan-slot. As I heard there where a few older models with this possibility. Does anyone know about the T530? I don't want to buy a new computer just to use ac-wlan  Best regardsstanly

A:T530: WLAN-Card in the WWAN-Slot?

Hello, stanlyYou wrote:> my question is if a wlan-card (mayby with a taped pin 20) would work in the wwan-slot. it's impossible due to PCIe bus lanes absence in the wwan slot.

Read other 3 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 67.2

I have a T530 that I had bought with a 500GB hdd installed and with a 16GB mSATA Sandisk ExpressCache. I decided toupgrade to 500GB SSD and that made my 16GB mSATA redundant. I would like to know if I can remove the mSATA disk and replace it with a WWAN card. Thanks,-shishir

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 67.2

The Evo SSD was my primary drive, always had the option to boot to my old hard drive that I use for data.  So I needed a larger data drive, installed it, but not for anything can I boot from the Evo.  Win7 64 Pro and I finally installed it on the new hard drive, but no go for the Evo.When I use the F12 temporary startup to boot with the Evo, I get the ""Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl+ Alt+Del to restart"Does anyone know what to do? Thanks! Christine

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 66.8

Hello How can I find if my model type of Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 370 type 20JJ-S4W61C is WWAN or not? WWAN model: 8GB 2133MHz DDR4 soldered to systemboardNon-WWAN model: 16GB max / 2133MHz DDR4, one DDR4 SO-DIMM socket I dont see it in Lenovo Vantage utility and even can't searched it google/duckduckgo. And of course, how can I identify it without opening a laptop chassis physically. thank you

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 61.6

Hey, I am trying to install a USB WWAN modem on my Vista laptop (2.33 ghz, 2 gb ram) and when i follow the instructions on the software provided, it says to insert the usb modem and let windows recognize it and install it, and go from there.

the problem is, once i put in the usb drive, vista recognizes that there is a new device in, but once it tries to install it, it won't recognize any drivers on the disc thats inserted, and doesn't find anything on the rest of the computer.

the modem has been successfully installed on two XP machines, and one mac, so i know that its possible to do, but its not letting me do it on my laptop...

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Hermitt

(modem is a Novatell Wireless Ovation EV-DO modem, or verizon USB727)

A:USB modem WWAN modem won't install in Windows Vista

I would say check the mfg website and see if you cant find some updated drivers for it or even check google and see if anyone has "hacked" the XP drivers into working with Vista. I know that Vista's been having lots of issues with past and current third party products and so it could just be that your modem is incompatible with Vista or you just need to look a bit more for newer drivers.

Read other 2 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 58.8

I have a problem with my ThinkPad T530 model 2429NL6, on which Win 10 is running.I purchased a data SIM card and inserted it into the SIM card slot, but I can't connect to the data network.I can't understand if the modem is missing, if the modem is present but the driver is missing, or if it's a problem installing the network in Win 10.How can I move around?(I ask for a simple language in the answer, as I am an inexperienced user)Thanks

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 58.4

I have a T530 with an i-7 and an NVIDIA NVS 5400M, PCI Express x16, 1GB memory,.I see newer laptops with NVIDIA 1050 Cards, can they be used in my laptop? 

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 58.4

Hello all, I have a real difficulty choosing between these two W520 and T530.  Both are used and prices close.  The main differences are listed as below: (1) CPUW520  i7-2720QMT530  i5-3320M(2) Graphics and displayW520  Nvidia graphics card (Quadro 2000) with FHDT530 Intel 4000 with 1600x900 (3) PriceW520 is $60 more than T530. I am planning to use the laptop mostly for word processing, spreadsheet, PowerPoint presentation in classroom, HD video watching, no video editing.  Any advice or helpful information will be appreciated. 

A:Which one to choose - ThinkPad W520 or T530?

For those tasks you wouldn't need a Core i7 or discrete graphics, save yourself some money and go for the T530.The only disadvantage would be 1600x900 instead of 1920x1080, but it would be hard to see the difference.

P70 - Xeon E3-1575M v5 - 64GB RAM - 4k display - Quadro M5000MW520 - i7-2820QM - 32 GB RAM - FHD - Quadro 2000MT140 - Xeon E3-1245 v3 - 32 GB RAM - FHD

Read other 2 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 58.4

Greetings - I have a Lenovo T530 Laptop - Windows 10 installed. Each time I attempt to shut down the laptop, the laptop automatically restarts itself. I replaced that power jack because the power button also wasn't working either. I had this same problem regardless of whether Windows 7 or 10 was on it. I have 10 and loaded most Lenovo Drivers, including any with management, chipset. Also, the power options are reset to default - that didn't make any difference either. According to the diagnostics tests, there are no hardware issues. It is only happening on this particular T530 - not have been able to replicate the same problem on others. Any ideas?? Thank you in advance!

A:ThinkPad T530 - Keeps Restarting after Shutting Down

First, look in the event log and see if a device is throwing an error at shutdown.

Read other 1 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 58.4

Ok, so here's a long story. Purchased a Thinkpad T530 5 years ago. Configured it with two drives that came from Lenovo (one in main HDD bay, another one in Ultrabay - one was IIRC Hitachi and the other one Toshiba, can't remember which was installed in which bay). OS was Windows 8 Home (installed on HDD in main bay) which I sported for a only few weeks since I was confronted with Ultrabay HDD constantly (every 5-10 minutes) parking its head (clicking noise). Being unable to successfully resolve the issue I decided to ditch Windows 8 and install Windows XP 32-bit (also on the main bay HDD). Problem? Gone. In the meantime, I decided to sport a dual-boot system and installed Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)  on the Ultrabay HDD (in the meantime I replaced the Ultrabay HDD that came from Lenovo with a WD 7500BPKT drive). Problem? None whatsoever, probably because the HDD was constantly in use since it had a OS (which became my main OS) installed on it. Fast forward to a few days ago. Bought a Crucial MX300 2TB 2.5'' SSD and installed it into the main HDD bay. Purchased a SAMSUNG 850 EVO mSATA SSD and installed it into the mPCIE slot. Left the WD 7500BPKT HDD in Ultrabay. Installed Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) onto Samsung mSATA SSD and? Problem with Ultrabay HDD constantly (not as frequently as other people using AHCI+Windows+Intel Rapid Storage drivers were reporting though - once every 5-10 minutes in my case vs once every minute or so as reported by other users) parkin... Read more

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 57.6

How do i update the serial nuber for my new mother broad

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 57.6

Hi Folks, I got my thinkpad T530 last week. I tested the skype after opening the box and it works. Then I took off the original 320G HDD and put my 830 SSD on it, reinstalled the win8 and blah blah blah.Just last night when I tried to chat with my parents on skype i found out the the camera is dead. I tried by doing so:1) according to others threads I uninstall most of the unnecessary drivers;2) reinstall the camera driver;3) deleted the ricoh media driver;4) updated the BIOS;5) tired to locate someone mentioned, the "privacy" problem. But the video/camera option is not even showing up by Fn+F6;6) downloaded and installed the thirdparty AMCAM and it says no camera device can be found.  Please let me know if there is anything else i can do. Thank you ,

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Thinkpad T530 Integrated Camera not working

and another stuff is that the image/camera device does not showing up at the device manager....so frustrated cuz i really don't want to reinstall everything..

Read other 9 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 57.6

Hi, my T530 has recently starting giving me trouble rebooting in regular mode. Whereas I can reboot in safe mode, I do not even reach the initial login screen when I attempt to start-up regularly. All I get is a black screen with a visible cursor. Any ideas where this is coming from and what problems I have?

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 57.6

Hi, my T530 has recently starting giving me trouble rebooting in regular mode. Whereas I can reboot in safe mode, I do not even reach the initial login screen when I attempt to start-up regularly. All I get is a black screen with a visible cursor. Any ideas where this is coming from and what problems I have?

A:Thinkpad T530 not starting in regular mode

Most likely a bad driver since in Safe Mode windows uses generic drivers.   My guess would be the video driver, so while in Safe Mode, use device manager to uninstall the existing video driver and start clean. Right click on Start and select Device Manager or Start >> Run and type: devmgmt.msc  and press EnterClick on Display Adapters to openRight Click on the Intel HD Graphics and select Uninstall,  making sure to check the box to "Delete the driver software for this device".RebootIf it was the video driver, then Windows should boot normally using a generic driver, and then download and install a new driver via Windows Update. Since it just started, running a disk check (chkdsk) would be a good idea too.Right Click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin) and press EnterIn the Command Prompt (Admin) window, type:   chkdsk C: /f   and press EnterPress Y to accept scheduling scan for next bootReboot and it will run at startupGood Luck,  

Read other 1 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 57.6

Good day The T530 will not accept a replacement non-genuine Lenovo battery, I am aware of this. However, I have acquired a 2nd-hand extended battery that IS a genuine Lenovo battery, and when my T530 boots up, it still complains that the battery is not authorised and will not charge. Sure enough, it does not charge. Does anyone know why this would be? The battery is a 8.4 Ah, 94Wh. FRU 42T4969 ASM 42T4802, registered Lenovo product. Many thanks, Ian

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 57.6

I am considering buying a used T530 with Intel CORE i7-3520M 2,9 GHz and intel HD 4000 graphics I own a T510 and the coil whine is bad. is this a problem on the T530 with i7?I understand that there's been problems wiith fan noise, but  a bios update fix that. I am using Thinkpad fancontrol on my t510 and it works fine I understand Thinkpad fancontrol works on T530, but what is the lowest fan speed.? My T510 runs around 2400-2500 rpm at lowest speed and the noise profile is kind of annoying, should be a bigger fan really which runs at around 2000 rpm I am buying with the 1600 display which in reviews says is good. Anyone can confirm this?   

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 57.6

I've been trying to find a solution for two full dsays now.My problem:Yesterday morning my t530 windows 10 (upgrade from 8.1) did not open normally. Slow booting and once in Windows, no more audio or wifi or access to startup menu. I did have two upgrades this week, one from Windows 10 and another for the new Bitdefender 2017 upgrade which I accepted. I don't know for sure if there is a link but I suspect there is. I have intented doing a refresh, reset from the diagnostic page and form the prompt page a scan and scannow but to no avail. I downloaded on a bootable USB flash drive rufus windows 10. I have disables secure boot and enabled legacy. When I do an F12 I see the nane of my USB HDD in the list, but when i press enter it just goes back to the top the Boot Menu screen to Windows Boot manager. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

A:T530 won't boot from USB flash drive -- ThinkPad

I wouldn't use rufus.  I suggest making the USB stick in UEFI mode from a computer running with a UEFI boot using the MS media creation tool:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You can boot from the USB stick in UEFI mode.

Read other 1 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 57.2

Hi, there. We own a T530 that has an Intel N-2200 WiFi card built in. We're interested if there is a replacement WiFi Intel card that also has Bluetooth connectivity and if so, which one is whitelisted by Lenovo (BIOS)? Thank you. Edit: Looks like we've posted in the wrong subsection of the forum. We'll be making a new post in the appropriate section. Mods can delete this one.

__________________________________________________________________________________________T530: i7-3630QM, 4 GB DDR3-1600, NVS 5400M, 2x 500GB 7200RPM, 9-cell, HD+ 1600x900, Backlit US, WinXP ProL430: i3-2370M, 4 GB DDR3-1600, HD 3000, 320GB 7200RPM, 6-cell, HD 1366 x 768, Win7 Home Premium 64-bit

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 57.2

Hello,I will write first what my goal is. I would like to have USB 3.0 port on the ExpressCard card (I can buy a new one recommended), but it should be able to supply power, feven only for a small pendrive, a smartphone, although my first goal was to connect at least one external USB drive.I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T530 laptop.I really need extra USB ports in it.So I bought one ExpressCard/34 card first, which adds 2 USB3.0 ports and has the option of additional power supply. This is a Manhattan card.Link:https://manhattanproducts.eu/manhattan-en-superspeed-usb-expresscard34-150583.htmlI installed the NEC uPD720200 driver which was on attached CD.Initially, I was hoping to even connect 2 external USB drives. One time such drive was successfully connected. After this one time, after entering the disk it is in a moment disconnected or there is no sign that I connected it (even no sound). The disk normally works on other USB ports.With a pendrive only 1GB, it was the same.The smastphone also only plugs in so that it only powers it, but it does not shot its disk or it shows it, but it is unavailable to enter it.So I bought another ExpresCard card with 2 USB3.0, this time from 4World company. It also has the possibility of power supply (cable included).Link:https://ikupiec.pl/Product/Index?Id=6748&path=trueI uninstalled that NEC driver uPD720200 from Manhattan and I tried to install the NEC driver uPD720202 from the 4World motherboard, but I couldn't because there was a message... Read more

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 57.2

I have a Lenovo thinkpad T530 core i5 with 8GB ram (2 4GB RAMs), 500GB SSD. I want to upgrade it to 12 GB or 16GB. Please let me know if I can do it? if yes, what RAMs you suggest and how ?

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 57.2

I had been having a problem with my laptop that makes the screen reddish for almost a year. I tried everything - creating, setting, deleting Windows color profiles, updating drivers, disabling drivers... I got a bit desperate and started disabling services and processes until I disabled the following process:...and my screen was suddenly OK. Notice how the screenshot is also reddish. This again is due to that little **bleep**. I don't know what it does but it even manages to crap all over screenshots, not just the display. After I found that this caused the trouble, I deleted all of it at this location:C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\ImController\PluginHost Now everything works fine and I can see white on my screen for the first time in a year.

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 57.2

Hey,I've recently installed windows 7 on my t530 because in win10 I couldn't use fingerprint reader cz there's no suitable driver available.So back on windows 7 I installed all the latest drivers from lenovo support site. Fingerprint Reader works perfectly! Now I got like 180 Updates installed.After reboot my fingerprint reader didn't work anymore. I can open the fingerprint tool but the green led is not glowing anymore.in device manager everything is ok. latest driver installed, detected as biometric device.  also it's listed in system settings.I checked my BIOS settings and clicked on "reset fingerprint data" and also disabled the device and enabled it back.nothing seems to work.. is there any solution? Maybe windows blocked the driver or something i don't know. I've deinstalled the fingerprint software AND the driver in device manager. reboot, and installed all again. nothing.. how can this be?

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 56.4

Hi. I can't get the webcam to work. I got this laptop around mid June of this year. Tried to use the webcam for the first time today, Nothing. My device manager doesn't even list a camera. I tried to intall the driver (twice) to see if that would help, but as far as I can see, it's had exactly 0 effect. I downloaded the lenovo settings app, and it's not there, either. At least, I see no setting options for it. But this model of laptop supposedly has a webcam built in, and my model looks pretty much exactly like the others I see on google images, except for a circly light thing in the strip where the camera is supposed to be. I have no idea what the hardware/wiring should even look like so I can't help there. I've been at this for hours. At this point I would just buy a webcam off Amazon or something if I could be sure that the laptop would actually register it.

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 56

Are the current models for sale on the Lenovo web site "WWAN Ready"? By that I mean do they include the SIM card slot and WWAN antenna and are just missing the WWAN modem card? I am interesed in buying one now and then adding the WWAN card later. Thank you.

A:Thinkpad X1 Yoga WWAN

+1 HP and Dell included, finding a Skylake convertible with WWAN is like pulling teeth right now... What's the deal guys?

Read other 5 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 56

147/5000  I travel in the US.Have bought Vietnam but it does not have WWAN card.I really need it.Do you guys know where in Vietnam to install WWAN cards?

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 56

Hello,After purchase my Thinkpad Yoga 260 I've tried to connect with a 3g operator through the side slot (wich costed me an extra) just to discover that my laptop doesn't have a WWAN module. Now I need to know if my laptop as the possibility to add one (wich I hope so because it was one of the main reason why i bought it) anyone knows how to? Anyway it's very hard to me to understand why give me the choice to assembly it with the slot if there's no way to use it. 

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 56

Is the WWAN slot on the side of my new Thinkpad Yoga 15 just for show?  I cannot seem to find out anything.  What kind of SIM card does it take?  What carriers would support it?  What would I tell a cellular carrier I need in order to buy service and plug a SIM card into it.  There seemto be as many SIM card types as there are snowflakes.   What is my IMEI number?  How do I find it?  I know I sound like a dweeb, but I'm really interested in being able to use this feature if in fact it is not just for show.  It would be SO nice to have anywhere cellular service when I travel. 

Solved!

Go to Solution.

A:WWAN on Thinkpad Yoga 15

Hello and welcome,

Not all TP Yogas have WWAN capability.  Most laptops and convertibles have a SIM slot since that's part of the basic structure of the machine but it doesn't necessarily mean there's a WWAN card installed.

What's your MT-M (machine type-model)?  It will look something like 20DQ007YUS - an example which doesn't have a WWAN card installed.

Z.

Read other 3 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 56

I am about to buy the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Tablet G3 LTE, Core i7-8550U, 16GB RAM with WWAN. But I will probably use WWAN seldom and therefore I do not intend to put in a sim card now. Question:  I had a notebook which always showed up an error message "sim card missing" after a restart because of the missing sim card. This is akward and will not take wwan if this would be the same with the X1 tablet. WWAN is just nice to have in case... Has anybody experience with missing sim card? Thanks.

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 56

Just a quick question I have looked at the specs of the new X1 Extreme Would like to know if it is fitted with a WWAN 4G LTE card? X1 carbon has always been a business laptop , and if the X1 Xxtreme doe not have the WWAN facility it kinda defeats the purpose of a versilte extreme on  the go  business laptop.? Any idea>  

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 56

Hello everyone.I have the Thinkpad Edge E530 6272 with i7 CPU..I was wondering if my laptop has WWAN for using SIM cardI tried to install the SonyEricsson driver but didin't get any answer !It has a sim card slot under the battery area.Thanks for your replies.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Thinkpad E530 WWAN?

Have you removed the cover for the WWAN / mSATA ssd compartment to see what's there?  When I checked mine (62724GU) to install a mSATA ssd I noticed that there were no connections for an antenna for a WWAN. 

Read other 8 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 56

I have a Lenovo Type 4337 Mini Dock Series 3 docking station with a 90W AC adapter: P/N 75Y5732FRU P/N 75Y5733S/N M3-B9XDV Acccording to the Docks, Port Replicator, Ultrabase - Reference Guide (*) a T530 Quad Core is not supported with the Lenovo Type 4337 Mini Dock Series 3 docking station while, according to (*) the ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 - 170W is supported - though T530 is not mentioned on the ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 - 170W - Overview and Service Parts page. When comparing the Overview and Service Parts page of both docks: ThinkPad Mini Dock Series 3 - 90W and ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 - 170W it seems the only difference is the AC adapter, number of video ports and an eSATA connector. 1) Is this correct? 2) If so, can a T530 Quad Core be used on a Type 4337 Mini Dock Series 3 with a 170W (or 135W) AC adapter (instead of the 90W AC adapter)? 3) As the 4337 Mini Dock Series 3 is supported with a Thinkpad X220, is there any objection against docking using a 170W AC (or 135W) adapter?

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 56

Hi all,I get this error trying to boot my thinkpad. What can I do? I read that I could solve this issue updating the firmware of my HD, but I do not know the procedure (also I do not even know what HD it mounts) may someone help me? thanks a lotmichele

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 56

Hi I want to upgarde from 500GB 7200rpm HD SATA to a SSD drive. What is the maximum SSD capacity and model/sata type I can install for this laptop T530 Laptop (ThinkPad) - Machine Type Model: 242961UOperating SystemWindows 7 (64-bit)i5-3320M(2.60GHz),4GB RAM,500GB 7200rpm HD 

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 55.6

I am using Windows 10 Insider pre-views. Since november/december the LTE/WWAN modem have not been working. The device is detected by Windows and can bee seen in the Device Manager as see in this image:But even thopug the device is know by the device manager Windows can not see it. Windows simply does not detect the modem is available. I have removed power fromtthe battery, reset my BIOS settings etc. But still not working.   My BIOS is  SMBIOSBIOSVersion : N23ET62W (1.37 ) and my ThinkPad model is 20KH007BMX Anyone have any sugestions?  

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 55.6

I am unable to connect to my LTE network O2. On investigation the  device is reporting a PUK 2 SIM error. However post a SIM exchange the problem still exists. I have also removed the card and was able to connect using it in another device. Latest drivers are installed and a replacement card is on the way but reading through the forum this is not the solution. What is ??? Manufacturer:    Fibocom Wireless Inc.Model:    Fibocom L850-GLFirmware:    18500.5001.00.01.20.86Network type:    GSMData class:    UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, LTE, HSPA+

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 55.6

Got my maxed out machine. on the website it says ' WWAN Integrated Global Mobile Broadband LTE-A". It's got a sim slot. I even messaged with customer support before I ordered it to ask if it works on LTE w/ a verizon sim card. they said yes. https://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-x/ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-6th-Gen/p/22TP2TXX16G?g...I put the sim card in, but for the life of me can't figure out how to activate it. In other discussions of previous generations it says it was an option. Is it the same on this? It's one of the reasons I got the machine! Will they let me return it without a restocking fee if this is the case? I really wanted an always on laptop 

A:X1 Carbon 6th Gen WWAN 4G LTE? sim card but no modem?

What's the model number of your laptop (e.g. 20KH002QUS, 20KH002KUS, 20KH002HUS, ...)?

Read other 1 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 55.6

Hello, I buyed X1 Carbon and I try use modem LTE with Vodafone IT sim (I have Windows 10 Pro), our company use dedicated APN, I try connect with ip in auto assign but nothing, I need set fix ip (I can do it becouse im IT Manager and so reserved IP for mine, my user used auto assign and I can't reserve ip for them) and with this I can connect without problem. When I have old laptop and use Vodafone Key, without using vodafone software but using integrated w10 software, I can optain ip with auto assign. Have you some suggest to solve this problem ?Thanks M.

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 55.6

Hi, I have purchased my laptop with WWAN card upgradable, which as I read means that a WWAN can be installed, in order to have access to mobile networks. Which WWAN devices are supported by X250 ? Can I purchase it and install it myself without voiding the warranty?

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 55.6

I have a new (10 of them, actually) ThinkPad L480 with a Fibocom L850GL WWAN card.  Verizon SIM.  The connection drops all the time and the network settings then fail to acknowledge the cellular device.  There is usally a Cellular tab on the network settings list when its working properly.  The device manager shows that the adapter is still there.  Re-loaded bios, firmware, drivers, re-seted card and sim.  I'ts happening on 2 out of the 10 machines.  I've only unboxed 2,  its happeinign on both.  ANy help appreciated.

Read other answers