Over 1 million tech questions and answers.

Touchpad buttons not working on lenovo t420

Q: Touchpad buttons not working on lenovo t420

Hi all,i am new to this forum,i bought t420 last mounth from USA. Yesterday i spilled liquid on the clicks on touchpad. The right button works but it freezes sometimes, left doesnt work at all. Because i am in Europe now,the warnity does not cover.Do you have any idea how it can be fixed. Also the ultranav buttons dont work. With external mouse it works.Could you send me a link from a trackpad or some ideas.Thanks in forward.

Solved!

Go to Solution.

RELEVANCY SCORE 200
Preferred Solution: Touchpad buttons not working on lenovo t420

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/download.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Touchpad buttons not working on lenovo t420

I guess the only thing to do is to take it apart and clean it;http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/0a60007.pdf

_______________________________________________________T420s, i5-2520M @2.5, nVidia 4200m, 8GB DDR3, OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS 240GB SSD, Hitachi 320GB @7200rpm ulrabay, 8Pro x64T61, Centrino Duo @1.8, GM965, 4GB PC2-5300 DDR2 @667MHz, OCZ Agility 120GB SSD, 7Pro x64

Read other 7 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 78

If anyone has acces to the connections/schematics for the M4600 touchpad/button assembly, I'd love to see them! For some reason both the right buttons have stopped working. Tried to disconnect/reconnect  the 14 pin "touchpad cable from the mainboard, but unfortunately this did not do the trick. Need to look a bit deeper - so would love to see the schematics or at least the pinout of the connector(s)... (It's a button - how hard can it be to fix... ;-)
Thanks and best regards,
 Anders

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 78

I reinstalled Win7 before some months and I needed to install new drivers since the old ones were deleted but now I cant find the right ones, im searching one where I can use the sound buttons AND includes a UltraNav page for the mouse!

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 72

Hello.  I have a fairly new Lenovo G510 laptop, just a few months old.  Ever since I received it, I noticed the buttons on the touchpad are very loud when pressed.  The left is louder than the right, but frankly both are annoying the people around me.  The sound has not changed with use.  Is this just how they are, or is something wrong?  

A:Lenovo G 510 Touchpad left/right buttons very loud

Hi Lulu12,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing an issue with the touchpad buttons are very loud.

As this is not hardware or the software issue, as there is spring below the touchpad the sound might be due to the spring when you click on the touchpad, this is due to the mechanical action that goes through when the clickpad is clicked this is not a issue with the hardware.

Best regards,

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Read other 4 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 72

I've been a long time Thinkpad user. I've been using T420s for years, and T61 before then, always running Linux. I recently received a W450 (I think) for work, which has no real buttons. This touchpad is pretty much unusable for me, so I am going to return the laptop. I noticed that the newer laptops have the real buttons above the touchpad back (clearly, I am not the first one to find the  buttonless touchpad unusable). The real buttons at the top are nice (and important), but I also use the buttons below the touchpad a lot, and I don't see any Thinkpad that still has these. Does Lenovo still sell any laptop with the real buttons both above and below the touchpad? By the way, I don't understand why Lenovo needed to change the touchpad all of a sudden after using pretty much the same configuration for many years, dating back to the IBM Thinkpad as I recall. What was wrong with the old configuration that they needed to take away the buttons that were fine for all these years? Don't answer that. I don't really care what the reason was. But this puts me in a bind because I can't move off my current T420s until I find something similar that has the physical buttons, including the middle button. I don't know if they exist. Lenovo has broken the perfect touchpad as far as I am concerned, which is unfortunate.

A:Any Lenovo laptops still have real buttons under touchpad?

Not that I know of. The alternative is to pretend the TrackPoint buttons are the touchpad buttons and use those, which isn't too bad except for needing to configure the settings in a special way to make it fully usable.There was nothing wrong with the usability of the old design, but usable just wasn't fashionable any more.

Read other 4 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 69.6

Hi,

I have a Toshiba Satellite A200-27Z. It is a fairly old laptop running Vista but there are no plans to get rid of it yet!

A couple of weeks ago the touchpad and mouse buttons stopped working. There was no lead up to this, just suddenly stopped. This lead to a second issue with my wireless connection which I eventually had to solve by re-installing Windows (I sought help in this thread http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/1125652-wireless-password-not-accepted.html#post8906770).

The fresh install of Windows fixed my wireless issues but strangely the touch pad and buttons still don't work at all. Given that I just installed Windows with all the drivers does that mean this is a hardware fault? And is there a way to fix it or do I now have to rely on the USB mouse?

Thank you in advance for any help,

John

A:Touchpad and buttons not working

Since you re-installed Windows with fresh install of drivers for the touchpad, chances are good that it is a hardware failure.

Read other 3 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 69.6

Inspiron  5565 Windows 10.  Touchpad buttons worked fine until yesterday.  They are not stuck and both left and right buttons click when pushed.  Touchpad setting have not been changed. Please help.

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 69.6

Someone Help me too, i have the same problem.....

A:RE: touchpad buttons not working.

Hi MRIGANKPAWAGI,
What is the exact system model? Are both the left and right buttons not functional? Are these buttons mechanically functional or are they stuck? What is the current OS installed on the system? Does the touchpad register a click?
Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us. These are onboard diagnostics and they might possible pick some error if the hardware is not functional. 
If there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ
Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Let us know if you have any other queries.

Read other 1 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 69.6

hi. I need help for my Vostro 1500 laptop. suddenly the touchpad buttons located right below the touchpad have stopped working. everything else is working fine including the keyboard and the touchpad. i have tried uninstalling and re-installing some of the drivers, but still it doesn't work. Please help.

A:touchpad buttons not working.

Someone Help me too, i have the same problem.....

Read other 1 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 68.8

I bought the lenova yoga 300 few months back for my daughter and she was using it. Just today I was checking with her and she indicated the left and right buttons in trackpad never worked from day-1. I tried updating drivers, no use. Should I return it? no other options?

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 68.8

Hi all Can anyone help me diagnose a problem I'm having with a friends T410. The trackpoint and touchpad buttons have stopped working (both left and right click). I am forced to use the laptop with an external mouse. The trackpad and touchpoint themselves both work just can't click anything, I have tried uninstalling drivers and re-installing but that hasn't helped, have also run Hirens boot cd - Mini XP mode and the buttons don't work there either. Sounds like a hardware issue to me but would like a second opinion before I start pulling it apart! Many thanks Chris

A:Touchpad and Trackpoint buttons not working

Hi whitehouse87,
  Welcome to Lenovo Community! And happy to have you again.

As I understand that you are facing issue with Touchpad & Trackpoint buttons are not working in T410.
You have tried almost everything & I don't think so its related to software or drivers. You can check without drivers once whether clicks are working or not. Else its a hardware issue for sure

I hope the above information helped you.
Please feel free to post in Lenovo Community Forums if you have any further queries!

Regards,Prabhansh_______________________________________________Tap that Kudos button if I helped.If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Read other 1 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 68.8

hello all. i have an t450s, and after ai install drivers for synaptics touchpad, the 3 buttons stop to work, and in the properties, the option is grayed out. but if i delete the drivers completely, the buttons work fine. also, i have tried different versions of the driver, the problem remains the same. does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Untitled.png ?33 KB

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 68.8

I am only able to use my plugged in mouse, I have checked the device drivers, says all are up to date.  The keyboard on the machine is working it is only the touchpad that seems to be disabled, I have also changed the setting but to no avail. 

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 68.8

i have problem, i have new computer (bought it few days ago) and i cant use my touchpad while holding any button(in any program.its  not virus i didnt download anything, please help. Maybe i have to download drivers or something like that?

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 68.8

So I have 2 hp 15 laptops on the left button has been smashed the flat spring type thing won't pop back up so I took the mouse buttons from the other and removed the broken button board and the replacement wouldn't work and made the touchpad not click also when replacing the button board do I need to install/reinstall drivers for it .?

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 68.8

Yesterday the left and right buttons on my touchpad started to mess up. Clicking the left button sometimes wouldn't do anything and sometimes it would bring up the right-click menu. I would have to right-click something first before I could do anything to it with the left click nearly all the time. The right button sometimes won't bring up the menu and sometimes it will but only for a second. There are also random times where the menu will pop up when I just barely touch the right button.

I've already checked the mouse options and they're all set correctly and also reinstalled the correct driver from Vaio's website and nothing works.

The only thing that's happened when the buttons started messing up was that my computer was badgering me about restarting to complete a few updates. I also watched a movie too though that was about a day or two before, so it might either be something from the update that my computer can't handle anymore or a virus, least that's what I think but I don't know anything so I'm asking you guys.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5600 @ 1.83GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2037 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 146122 MB, Free - 36315 MB;
Motherboard: Sony Corporation, VAIO
A... Read more

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 68.8

After having to re-install Windows 7 on my laptop I've found that the trackpad and associated mouse buttons are no longer working. The keyboard works fine.The touch screen works fine.When I inserted an external mouse, it automatically installed the driver and worked without issue.I installed the Synaptics TouchPad Driverbut that didn't make any difference. I also tried removing the battery, holding the power button for 30 seconds, re-instering the power cable (but not the battery) and booting up the latop.  It was working fine before the re-install so I can ssume i's not a hardware fault and if the keyboard works the interface cable is also working... Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue and can suggest anything?  

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 68.8

I have a brand new Yoga 300 straight out of the box and the touchpad buttons (right and left click) do not work. If I connect an external mouse it works normally. Is this a common problem or is this device faulty. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 68.8

Hi, My TouchPad buttons are not working anymore. I don't know if the problem is a hardware failure or that the buttons maybe have been disabled by mistake.I have checked the UltraNav settings in the control panel as reset the values to default without any luck.Furthermore I have checked the bios settings which were set to the default values. I'm not using a mouse or any other pointers. Does any one have any suggestion before I return the T410 to the dealer for repair. The T410 is 2 weeks 'old'.

_______________________________________MolsenThinkPad T510 : 8GB : Intel Core i7 : Win7 Pro 64

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:TouchPad Buttons not working anymore

Does the touchpad itself work? but not the buttons?

Read other 9 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 68

The touchpad on my laptop has stopped responding to taps and clicks (physical button).  The touchpad continues to works to move the cursor, but will not tap or click to select.  The touchpad is NOT off and I have double/triple checked the Properties for the Synaptics ClickPad and all is in line with the HP self-help guide.  Please help!

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 68

my daughter received the above from f. christmas. the touch pad and associated buttons have stopped working - no cursor. how do we get it working again? Rod+

A:Satellite C50-B-189 touchpad and buttons stopped working

Hi, this is due to the pad driver (which is bugged), just kill the process using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC AND THE TAB plus DOWN ARROW to navigate to the target process. I have to do this each starts.

From tomsguide (november 2014):

These fixes don't help, all that happens is, after some time, the touchpad fails again. While Toshiba works on this, I have figured out a quick, effective workaround. This is for my new Windows 8 Toshiba.
Press CTRL ALT SHIFT to get your processes to come up. Find the Touchpad "enhancer" process. End the process. Your touchpad will work fine until next restart at which point just repeat this step.
If you are struggling to end the process without being able to use your touchpad, I found a curious thing out. If you hold a mouse click down, you can move the mouse arrow with the touchpad just fine. Its a bit... inconvenient...but all you need to do this for is to end that process and after that you can use the touchpad normally.

Read other 1 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 68

Hi, whilst on my laptop today for no apparent reason my touchpad decided to stop working properly, it will still move the mouse around the screen, however does nothing when I double tap anything. The left click button has also ceased to work at all, click and nothing the right hand button is working fine.

I have reinstalled the drivers and I am currently using a mouse via the USB port which is working fine. I have also checked the options to make sure that the left click hasn't been assigned to another button or something odd like that. I'm afraid I really am at a bit of a loss as to what could be wrong.

If anyone could please point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it!! Thanks guys

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 68

Has anyone else had an issue with the P50 and the synaptics driver?  If we install the driver from 2016 then the buttons do not work only the mouse cursor. If we delete the driver and let the 2015 driver install then all the buttons work fine.  Install the newer driver from last week and the buttons break again.   All 6 of our P50 machines are doing this that we just got. Anyeone else seen such odd driver behaviour?

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 68

Hi, whilst on my laptop today for no apparent reason my touchpad decided to stop working properly, it will still move the mouse around the screen, however does nothing when I double tap anything. The left click button has also ceased to work at all, click and nothing the right hand button is working fine.

I have reinstalled the drivers and I am currently using a mouse via the USB port which is working fine. I have also checked the options to make sure that the left click hasn't been assigned to another button or something odd like that. I'm afraid I really am at a bit of a loss as to what could be wrong.

If anyone could please point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it!! Thanks guys

A:Vaio touchpad and buttons not working correctly

please do not duplicate posts here
closing this one

continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1047370-vaio-touchpad-buttons-not-working.html

Read other 1 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 67.6

Hi, The touchpad on Thinkpad T430s is suddenly stopped working (unsing windows 10).  I can move the cursor but the bottoms are not responding).   I have updated/rollbacked the driver, BIOS, Windows, etc.. Still not working. (((I am now using a mouth and it's working.  Does this mean my touchpad is forever gone?  Is there a way to fix?  Please advice.  Many thanks in advance!

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 67.6

Hi all,

For the last 3 weeks my touchpad buttons stopped working. The pointer works well but the buttons are not clicking. This is probably a driver issue but all drivers are up to date and the buttons are enabled.

Please help.

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 66.8

HI,
I have just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. everything seems to be fine till now apart from the touchpad.
The problem is that every time I press a button on the keyboard the touchpad stops working for about 4 seconds.
another things is that most buttons do that, but for example the ctrl, function, alt and windows keys don't cause this problem.

Any Idea what can cause this? and do you know any solutions please?? 
I tried updating the drivers for both keyboard and touchpad, but that didn't solve the problem.
It's very frustrating and I'm considering to goback to windows 7!

Many Thanks :)

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 66.8

I've had my XPS15 for over a year now, and I recently noticed that my touchpad is starting to life off the palm rest area of the machine, and the buttons no longer work. I'm not exactly sure when this happened because I'm a staunch mouse user and hardly ever use the touchpad. Is this an item that can be repaired under warranty? Also, is this a commonly reported problem with this model? 

A:XPS15 9550 touchpad starting to lift up, buttons not working

Yes, It's a known issue:en.community.dell.com/.../20018137. If you are under warranty then call dell to see if they can help you, but as far I know battery warranty last one year

Read other 1 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 64

I have recently acquired a Lenovo Y50 70, but the trackpad buttons are very difficult to get to work: they make the clicking feeling/sound, but often do not register the click, and have to be pushed hard to get them to work. Is this likely to be a hardware fault or fixable in some other way? Thanks

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 64

Hello, I got a brand new lenovo laptop and installed Windows 7 on it because it is what we use in our business environment. I have updated all drivers and am unable to use any of the buttons near the trackpad. This includes all 3 buttons above and below the trackpad. THe trackpad itself is working, and I can left-click by tapping the trackpad but that is it. Can someone please help me with this issues.

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 64

The built-in mouse buttons stopped working. The touch pad still moves the cursor, but the machine's mousebuttons do not work (they will physically depress but no action is taken).

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 63.2

Good Morning. I have an issue with a T570 laptop's trackpoint BUTTONS. Machine is running Windows 7 Pro. When the "generic" Microsoft Compatible PS2 driver is installed, the Trackpoint and 3 Buttons work with no issues, however you lose all gestures on the touchpad. When any version of the Synaptics driver I can get my hands on is installed, the Trackpoint continues to work, however the 3 buttons die. The trackpoint check box in the UltraNav settings tab is checked. If I uncheck, the trackpoint stops working (as would be expected). Checking it again allows the Trackpoint to work but the buttons remain dead. Without being too long winded I do want to throw out there that this laptop is in an Enterprise environement and was imaged using a build from T560.If the Windows 7 OS that came from the factory is left on the machine, the Trackpoint buttons function with no issue.Note that the driver versions of both the MS Compatible PS2 driver and the Synaptics driver between the Factory image and the Enterprise image are the same. I'm sure the solution is buried in the registry somewhere, just not sure what to change or delete entirely to get the buttons reenabled. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 63.2

Hello Lenovo Community, I have a Lenovo T440s but the three mouse buttons above the clickpad do not work. However if I uninstall the synaptics driver, the mouse buttons work but then click won't, kinda. Only tap to click works, no two-finger scrolling.  If I install the synpatics driver the mouse buttons do not work and I get full multi geasture support for the clickpad.  Lenovo Technical supports wants me to ship the PC.  Does anyone else have a different solution. Even in the mousepad settings, the mouse buttons do not show. Thank you

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 62

As you can see there are multiple problems that have come up in this notebook. I recently reinstalled windows 10 to solve some other problems. The installation went perfect and afterward everything seemed to work fine. When my wife turned it on the blue BIOS screen came on (as it did before the installation) and I was unable to use the touchpad, mouse or arrow keys to move the selection. I rebooted and it started up fine only the keyboard did not work. I had to use the onscreen keyboard to log in. Once inside, sometimes the keyboard works and sometimes it doesn't. I've tried using the f6 to toggle the touchpad on but it didn't work. The keyboard is touch and go and now the blue screen BIOS sometimes comes up when the computer is started. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I've searched for solutions and haven't been able to find anything that works to solve these problems. I've uninstalled the drivers and rebooted for a fresh re-install of the drivers but that only temporarily fixes the problem. Thank you.

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 60.4

The problem started two days ago as they were hanging a little but worked by time. yesterday none of them were working then I googled the problem and found it is common in many devices so I thought it is a software issue. This morning, they were working perfectly and after coming home, none of them works.I tried many solution as disabling filterkeys, uninstalling the keyboard from device device manager and updating windows, however none of them works. sometimes it worked after changing the language from language bar. it is totally annoyning for meThanks god touch screen is working that i write this post. any suggestions?!

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 60.4

My notebook is runnning Windows 10, and the touchpad has not been working well recently. I can use the touchpad to left click and select multiple items in the past, however this cannot be done now. The right click of the touchpad is not working too. I used to right click a link and select "open in new tab" in the past but now cannot. Either the left click or right click of the touchpad are not working well. I would be grateful if my problem can be fixed. Thank you!

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 60.4

After upgrading to Windows 10 I can't right click using either of the sets of mouse buttons and gestures do not work on the touchpad.

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 60

After installing the driver on touchpad, which was downloaded from the official website, the touchpad still could not work. I even tried to update the bios and the lenovo utilities drivers. But after the updating, it had no changes in the touchpad. How can the touchpad go back to the normal use? Looking forward to the assistance and solutions. Thank you very much.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro touchpad not working again

Welcome to the forums!

Is the keyboard impacted as well, or just the touchpad? If you haven't already, please install the following update:

http://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-3-pro-1370-laptop-len...

Read other 6 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 60

The touchpad is not working.
I reinstalled Touchpad drivers from Lenovo website and it didnt help. I also
installed the Synaptics latest drivers but that didnt help either.

I reinstalled Windows 7 but that didnt help. Installed Windows 8, That didnt help either.

Clicking "Mouse" on "Control panel". gives me the message " Unable to connect to Synaptics Pointing Device Driver"

I'am currently using an external mouse. I also uninstalled the external mouse, rebooted, but Touchpad didnt work.
At some point the touchpad did work for a few minutes then stops working again. I also checked the touchpad connector and its all well connected

Any ideas?

A:Touchpad on Lenovo G570 Not Working

Is it enabled in the BIOS?

Read other 1 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 60

I bought a Lenovo G50-80 (intel(R) Core i3-5005U, 2GHz) a few months ago. A week after buying, I noticed touchpad not working properly while charger plugged in, also it was not working while my printer?s USB cable connected. Touchpad button and finger tap working fine but, cursor hanging or moves very slow. When I unplugged the charger and printer cable touchpad working fine. But, it was not working anymore (it is also not working properly when the charger and printer?s USB cable unplugged). Usb mouse working perfect.My Laptop have installed windows 7 64bit operating system. I tried to reinstall windows 7 64bit ultimate and professional os (Not other like windows 8 or 10), I updated a latest bios and touchpad driver from Lenovo and synaptics website, But I am getting same problem.

A:Lenovo G50-80 touchpad not working properly when t...

Hi there, Nmparmar          -

Thank you for writing in to the Lenovo Forum - happy to have you here today.

Can you try to:
Make sure you use the original 65W 20V/3.25A or 90W 20V4.5A AC adapter that came with the unit.

Plug the AC adapter in another wall outlet in your house (preferrably another side of the house) - if this works, the original wall outlet that you used before when you got the issue may not be properly grounded.

Perform a power drain by:a turning the PC OFF. Remove the battery & AC adapter then hold the power button for 30secs. When done, reinsert the AC adapter and battery then boot into the BIOS by pressing F2. When inside the BIOS, press F9 to reset default settings and press F10 to save and exit.

Update the Touchpad Driver below:

Synaptics Touchpad Driver      

Update us how it goes.

Regards,

Tap that kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution

Read other 3 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 60

Hi, I updated to Windows 10 yesterday. I thought my laptop was working OK after the update, but I've noticed that my mouse touchpad doesn't work at all after the update. I hit the F6 button to turn the touchpad off and on, and it still isn't working. Can you help? Thank you!

A:My Lenovo G50 Mouse Touchpad isn't working

Is someone going to get back to us with a fix for this problem?

Read other 8 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 60

The cursor / touchpad on my yoga 700 has stopped working. The cursor came and went for a couple days but starting this afternoon, has gone full time MIA.  I have tried a bunch of stuff to try to get it to work, listed below. Called lenovo tech support and they wanted me to mail it in for troubleshooting but it is my work computer and I can't have it gone for who knows how long.  Anyone have any other ideas? Thank you very much I have taken the following troubleshooting actions:Restarted multiple timesSwapped between cpunters and tablet modePress f6 to enable/disable TouchPadUpdated Synaptics drivers and restart Deleted driver and reinstalled and restarted Tried the ctrl+alt+del trick to be cursor backTried using TouchPad at login screen, no joy. All of these were unsuccessful.   Please help!!!

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 60

Hello,I've recently gotten a new Y720 laptop, but unfortunately I can't seem to get touchpad working. I already noticed that it wasn't working during my Windows installation, but I kinda shrugged that off and hoped that it would get working as soon as I update the drivers. Now everything is installed, but the touchpad refuses to work. Also, when I enable it there appear random clicks on my desktop without me moving anything. Is there anything I can do or should I return it?

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 60

The touchpad does not allow me to move the mouse, however it does allow me to scroll. I tried reinstalling drivers but upon doing so, it said, "No Appropriate Driver to be Installed" https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/tr/en/downloads/ds103340 That is the driver I am attemping to download. Thank you for your help!

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 60

Hi, just recently and I mean just recently (second day brandnew) my Lenovo G530 laptop is not working. Out of the blue, the touchpad is not responding an i tried to update but i have the newest driver.(also did a rollback) Nothing seems to be working wih he best of my knowledge.

A:Solved: Lenovo TouchPad Not Working!!!

For people having this same problem on Lenovo 3000 series laptops... Solution: On older ones you press Fn + F8.... for newers models you press the mouselock button that is located on the end of your multimedia buttons on the top corner of ur keyboard...

Read other 1 answers