Over 1 million tech questions and answers.

touchpad driver problem in t460

Q: touchpad driver problem in t460

Hi all, I recently got my touchpad and keyboard replaced through a lenovo service center. The touchpad is working fine but the driver is not installed so it doesn't register any scrolling movement or let me access touchpad settings. But i'm having trouble accessing the touchpad settings. The touchpad setting used to be under control panel->mouse settings tab, but now it's not there anymore. Also, underthe device manager, it doesn't show up. I tried installing a driver for it through the lenovo support page but i'm not having any success. Has anyone experienced this?

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 200
Preferred Solution: touchpad driver problem in t460

I recommend downloading and running DAP. It can help sort out any driver and firmware related issues on your system

It's worked out well for many of us in the past.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloaddap.org. (This link will open the download page of DAP so you can save a copy to your computer.)

RELEVANCY SCORE 58

Hello, I've bought a brand new T460 ThinkPad about 10 days ago, and I'm noticing that when I plug in an Ethernet cable, the touchpad becomes unresponsive: some clicks and taps are missed, movement is slow and and occasionally temporarily stuck. The touchpad comes to life again immediately once the Ethernet cable is unplugged. The trackpoint and trackpoint buttons above the touchpad are unaffected, only the touchpad starts to misbehave. This happens both on Windows and Linux, so it's not an OS-specific issue. Moreover, I've checked to see if I'm running the latest BIOS version, and I am. And there are no issues when using the wireless adapter, but one of the reasons I've bought a ThinkPad was that it has an Ethernet port, so not being able to use it would be extremely dissapointing. I've checked to see if there are IRQ conflicts for the touchpad, but could find none. The problem happens both when the computer is plugged in and when it's running on battery only. I've also tried two different cables in the same router, each in a different router port, and the problem persisted. I am using the latest Windows 7 drivers directly from the Lenovo website, and Arch Linux with kernel 4.4.5 - the Ethernet adapter is seen as: [ 2.751703] e1000e: Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Driver - 3.2.6-k[ 2.751705] e1000e: Copyright(c) 1999 - 2015 Intel Corporation. Should I expect this to be fixed with a BIOS update or should I contact warranty? Living with it is unacceptab... Read more

A:T460 touchpad unresponsive when Ethernet cable plu...

Tried an external USB mouse, it had no issues with Ethernet plugged in. So, the trackpoint works, an external USB mouse works, but the touchpad loses sensitivity and becomes choppy and occasionally unresponsive.

Read other 9 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 58

Does the T460 touchpad support the full range of Windows 10 gestures either natively or via the Lenovo or other 3rd party(Synaptics perhaps) software? It doesn't have Precision touchpad drivers so I'm assuing it doesn't natively support Windows 10 gestures but apparetly the touchpad is perfectly capable of the full range of gestures.

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 56.8

When I input something with my keyboard, the touchpad/trackpoint doesn't accept any clicking for about ~0.5 seconds. Its a small delay but it is driving me insane. T460 laptop, Synaptics Clickpad V1.1 Things I've tried:-  Reinstalling drivers, and restarting laptop. Nothing changed.-  Turned palm rejection to minimum. This fixes an earlier problem where the mouse would stop moving with keyboard presses, but it doesn't affect the clicking delay.-  Went into the registry editor, found 'synaptics' under 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE' but couldn't find any variables that indicate a delay after keyboard presses. I'd really appreciate any help with this. ~3 hours of googling isn't helping me. Thanks in advance. 

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 53.2

I have recently installed 7 on my Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop, which was originally running Vista. Now that I have 7, I cannot find a way to change my touchpad sensitivity or enable scrolling on the touchpad.

I downloaded the Synaptics touchpad driver, and a Synaptics 'Device Settings' tab becomes available when I go to mouse properties in control panel. However, when I click on 'Settings' in this tab, the window that opens only has two menu items: Overview, and Buttons. There are no options to change sensitivity or enable scrolling.

Does anyone know what I can do to enable scrolling and adjust the sensitivity? It's very important, as I can't even type without the cursor jumping around due to sensitivity.

A:Touchpad driver problem

Quote: Originally Posted by stormyx

I have recently installed 7 on my Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop, which was originally running Vista. Now that I have 7, I cannot find a way to change my touchpad sensitivity or enable scrolling on the touchpad.

I downloaded the Synaptics touchpad driver, and a Synaptics 'Device Settings' tab becomes available when I go to mouse properties in control panel. However, when I click on 'Settings' in this tab, the window that opens only has two menu items: Overview, and Buttons. There are no options to change sensitivity or enable scrolling.

Does anyone know what I can do to enable scrolling and adjust the sensitivity? It's very important, as I can't even type without the cursor jumping around due to sensitivity.

Has to be the wrong driver I have the same computer and there are more tabs. You can use the vista driver if you install it in "compatibility mode"

Read other 1 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 53.2

Recently i have changed my OS (win 7 64 bit). I collected all the driver from hp website for my model.everything is working well without synaptics touchpad driver.I need very much two finger scrolling option but i cant use it for the bsent of working touchpad driver.what shouldd i do now? 

A:Touchpad Driver problem

Hi: See if the driver directly from Synaptics works for you if the one on your notebook's support page didn't. 3rd one on the list... http://www.synaptics.com/resources

Read other 1 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 52.8

HiI have  Y50 70 Touch Touchpad Driver problem.According to the official website to download the driver leaves:"TouchPad Driver (Elan, Synaptics, ALPS) for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Notebook"However, after downloading and installing I try to activate the option of working with several fingers,However, the driver's screen can not (see photo).what could be the problem ?Thanks

1.jpg ?196 KB

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 52.8

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum. I recently purchased a new Dell Laptop (Vostro 15 3559). It is a Brand New one. But I am facing one problem since the beginning. It is with dell touch pad driver. With the touch pad driver installed, whenever I using touchpad system process show high cpu usage(20%-30%). This is so annoying, and it eats battery. When touch pad driver is uninstaller, the problem disappears and system process become normal. But without driver touchpad is not smooth and no gestures. I tried with different drivers and uninstall and installing newest drivers, clean install of windows, but no luck.
My system is,
i5 6200U
8Gb ram
Windows 10 pro 64 Bit
Please give me a solution guys.

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 52.8

So today i installed the drivers for my razer deathaddder mouse on my laptop. The installation went fine, but the problem is it seems to have taken over or just messed up the configuration for my touchpad. After installing, the touchpad moved really slowly even though i hadn't changed any settings, and the acceleration had turned off.

I decided to uninstall the drivers to reverse the problem, but it didn't change. I then uninstalled and reinstalled the touchpad drivers (latest synaptics drivers, same ones i had installed before), but this didn't solve anything either. I've tried fiddling around with the mouse settings but everything is configured the way it was before, it's just not the same.

I want my touchpad to go back to the way it was. Is there any way to get all the mouse settings back to the way they were when i installed windows or something like that?

Thanks.

A:mouse driver / touchpad problem

Read other 10 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 52.8

Touchpad just stopped working while I was using it. Here's what's going on:

Fn + F7 does nothing
Synaptics ps/2 Port Touchpad shows in Device manager, however it is hidden and has a yellow exclamation point. Error code: This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24).

I have updated the drivers from the Gateway website by first uninstalling the drivers that were present. No go. I then updated the drivers from the synaptics website via the same method, nothing. I've tried searching for a driver via device manager....nothing.

As I mentioned, I tried Fn+F7 and nothing happened. Also I notice that the driver software is not loading in the tray like it used to and I can't even make it run by trying to open the .exe file.

Any ideas? I've been searching for an answer for this for a while with no luck.

A:Synaptics Touchpad Driver Problem?

Read other 16 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 52.8

Everytime I have restarted my computer since last night the driver for my touchpad has appeared in my taskbar. It's slightly annoying, and I can't get rid of it. I have reinstalled the driver from Sony's website, toyed with properties, and yet it still shows up each restart. If I close the application, my touchpad will not work properly (ie shortcuts non-functional). The driver is from ALPS.
I did try and install AcidWarp last night, and Julian Fractal Screen Saver. I have since uninstalled them. I have attempted several system restores, but each time the restore fails. Any ideas how to get this damned thing to not show up in my taskbar?
Thanks!
Gordon

Here is a link to a picture of my desktop:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/gwmock/alps.jpg

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 52.8

Keyboard and Touchpad Crashes with Windows Update KB 890830 -
Malicious Software Tool - March 2009.
After installing the above update on a Fujitsu Lifebook E 8410 Laptop
(Windows Vista Business) , I lost use of both my Keyboard and my Touch
Pad. The wired USB Mouse works OK. Used Windows Restore and the
system returned to normal.

When installing KB 890830, my Bit Defender 2009 Virus Scanner identifies a
Trojan.Generic.1487884 (file reference is US30Kbd2K.sys) in
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and deletes same. Also, when running
Windows Defender on its own, Bit Defender again pops up and also deletes
file US30Kbd2K.sys.

My keyboard drivers are listed in Devise Manager as i8042prt.sys,
kbdclass.sys and US30Kbd2K.sys - the latter is possibly a trojan. However,
when US30Kbd2K.sys is removed (either manually or by Bit Defender) the
keyboard and touch pad will not work.

Can you suggest please how I might overcome this problem. I have curently
removed KB890830 (March 2009) from my system to keep it working.

Cheers

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 52

Hello! My IdeaPad 100 11IBY has a problem with its touchpad driver. It's listed as a HID-compliant mouse in the device manager and uses the Windows 10 "msmouse.inf" driver. -> touchpad listed as a mouse -> Problem:  I can't scroll with the touchpad I tried installing a generic Synaptics driver, but without success. Does anyone know what driver are needed for this touchpad with the HIDs?HID\VEN_ENEE&DEV_3730&Col04HID\ENEE3730&Col04HID\*ENEE3730&Col04HID\VID_6243&UP:0001_U:0002HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_MOUSEHID_DEVICE_UP:0001_U:0002HID_DEVICE Driver version: 10.0.10240.16384 Or is there any way to modify the registry (or something else) to make it work? Sadly I don't even know the manufacturer of the touchpad.

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 52

This is meant as a bug report. Hopefully someone from Lenovo is reading this. I have a ThinkPad Yoga X1 (1st gen). A few days ago, the System Update utility updated the touchpad driver to version 19.3.4.119. I'm having 2 issues: 1) I do not use my touchpad and therefore disable it. However, every time my machine comes out of sleep or reboots, the touchpad is re-enabled. I disable it "correctly" by going to (Start Menu) -> (Mouse Settings) -> (Additional Mouse Options) -> (ThinkPad tab) -> Uncheck "Enable touchpad".  2) If I enable the touchpad and click the settings button next to "Enable touchpad", the Synaptics Control Panel window appears. This window is very unresponsive. And when I click on the "Click" tab, I get repeated errors that "The parameter value is invalid."  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver to no avail. I cannot find an older version of the driver at Lenovo's website. Please fix.

Mouse properties.PNG ?31 KB

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 52

This is meant as a bug report. Hopefully someone from Lenovo is reading this. I have a ThinkPad Yoga X1 (1st gen). A few days ago, the System Update utility updated the touchpad driver to version 19.3.4.119. I'm having 2 issues: 1) I do not use my touchpad and therefore disable it. However, every time my machine comes out of sleep or reboots, the touchpad is re-enabled. I disable it "correctly" by going to (Start Menu) -> (Mouse Settings) -> (Additional Mouse Options) -> (ThinkPad tab) -> Uncheck "Enable touchpad".  2) If I enable the touchpad and click the settings button next to "Enable touchpad", the Synaptics Control Panel window appears. This window is very unresponsive. And when I click on the "Click" tab, I get repeated errors that "The parameter value is invalid."  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver to no avail. I cannot find an older version of the driver at Lenovo's website. Please fix.

Mouse properties.PNG ?31 KB

A:Thinkpad X1 Yoga 1st gen touchpad driver problem

I'm having the same problem since yesterday.  I get the repeated errors "The parameter value is invalid." on the "Click" tab of the Synaptics Control Panel.  I'm also unable to make any changes to the settings in the "Scroll" panel.  I prefer to reverse two finger scrolling but since this update, I am unable to.  Please fix ASAP Lenovo if you're monitoring this thread.  Thanks.

Read other 2 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 52

This worked for me so I'd like to share: After a big waste of time tryng to install the driver for windows 8.1 from the lenovo's download support and have a working touchpad, I discover that the automatic procedure to install the driver It's wrong, and simply don't recognize the right hardware. So, from the device manager, go to mouse setting and select update driver. Choose update driver from computer, and after choose install manually the driver from a list in the computer (Sorry I have italian version so transation may be not properly...). Press Disco driver and now you have to find the directory where was installed the driver, usually C/drivers and find directory Touchpad Driver (Synaptics, Sentelic). Chose the .inf file that might be good for you, for me was SynPD.inf. And so you'll be able to have your touchpad finally working...

A:Lenovo B50-10 driver's touchpad problem [solved]

Salve a tutti,dato che lenovo mette in commercio notebook gia' con driver sbagliati in commercio.. dobbiamo trovare la soluzione da noi.Spifferaio purtroppo il tuo consiglio per me non ha dato nessun risultato felice.dopo una mezz'oretta a controllare tutte le versioni driver di synaptics finalemente sono arrivato alla soluzione definitiva per questo "notebook".1. aggiornare bios alla versione piu' recente.2. scaricare ultima versione di synaptics ovvero per me la funzionante la versione V19_0_19_1_C http://www.synaptics.com/resources (direct download: http://drivers.synaptics.com/Synaptics_v19_0_19_1__C__x86-x64__Win10__Signed__MS_Win10_UXUI_PS2_SMbu...3. riavviare ed il gioco e' fatto.  -----------------------------------------------SOLUTION----------------------------------------------------------1. UPGRADE BIOS2. GO TO ---> http://drivers.synaptics.com/Synaptics_v19_0_19_1__C__x86-64__Win10__Signed__MS_Win10_UXUI_PS2_SMbus...   AND DOWNLOAD THE LASTEST SYNAPTICS DRIVER3. REBOOT AND ANJOY. 

Read other 1 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 51.6

Hi there! I have a very annoying problem with my touchpad, I cant figure out how to enable the multi-touch gestures and drivers don't seem to work at all. First of all, my laptop is an Acer Aspire E5-572G-75MW. The drivers on the cd are for windows 8, (there's a synaptics and a elantech driver, when i try installing both of them, they install and at the end i get and "not needed, no device for update present"). I tried installing an elantech for w7 driver and i got an "ready to use" status at the end but absolutely nothing changed, no item in install/uninstall options, no item in control panel or in the mouse category, nothing. I tried the same thing with a W7 synaptics driver and i get the same status at the end but here i get two options:

Again nothing changed, even after restarting. I am unable to see any settings regarding my touchpad, this is all i get in the control panel mouse category:

That's all i get no matter what i try to install, i can't get anything to stick around, i've tried similar laptop's drivers, again with no luck at att and sucks since my touchpad has the clicking buttons integrated into the touchpad, its really annoying trying to scroll something. I tried enabling two-finger scrolling through some registry tricks but i couldnt find the right items and it didnt work. I dont even know what my touchpad's manufacturer is, all i get is that HID compliant mouse. Thank you!

Tech Support Guy System I... Read more

A:Touchpad multi-touch/driver/synaptics problem

I downloaded the manual. The touchpad is explained on p17 of the manual. Since the notebook came with 8.1 and I can only find drivers for Windows 8, you may not get full usage out of the hardware because you are not running the correct version of Windows. The best drivers come from the hardware manufacturer and they are no providing any Win 7 drivers.

Read other 2 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 51.6

ALPS driver v8.201.1611.252 : multi finger 2 finger clicking not working on Windows 10.I was try this solution but not working: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Two-finger-tap-right-click-ALPS-Yoga-500-H...Can you help me?

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 51.6

Hi there! I have a very annoying problem with my touchpad, I cant figure out how to enable the multi-touch gestures and drivers don't seem to work at all. First of all, my laptop is an Acer Aspire E5-572G-75MW. The drivers on the cd are for windows 8, (there's a synaptics and a elantech driver, when i try installing both of them, they install and at the end i get and "not needed, no device for update present"). I tried installing an elantech for w7 driver and i got an "ready to use" status at the end but absolutely nothing changed, no item in install/uninstall options, no item in control panel or in the mouse category, nothing. I tried the same thing with a W7 synaptics driver and i get the same status at the end but here i get two options:

Again nothing changed, even after restarting. I am unable to see any settings regarding my touchpad, this is all i get in the control panel mouse category:

That's all i get no matter what i try to install, i can't get anything to stick around, i've tried similar laptop's drivers, again with no luck at att and sucks since my touchpad has the clicking buttons integrated into the touchpad, its really annoying trying to scroll something. I tried enabling two-finger scrolling through some registry tricks but i couldnt find the right items and it didnt work. I dont even know what my touchpad's manufacturer is, all i get is that HID compliant mouse. Thank you!

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit
P... Read more

A:Touchpad multi-touch/driver/synaptics problem

Hello, and Welcome

Are there any yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager next to your pointing device?

Read other 12 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 51.2

After using Lenovo System Update and updating the Elan driver to v.22.4.9.2, the touchpad settings were all gone. I saw that someone had luck on another model laptop rolling back the driver. In device manager, under "Mice and other pointing devices" find the "ELAN pointing device". Open the properties for it and choose "roll back driver". It picked v19.4.11.2. Once I restarted I now have the touchpad settings in the system tray and can turn off the "tap to select" which I hate. I am on Windows 10 Pro version 1903. I don't know if the Windows May update had anything to do with it or not. It is not on Lenovo's list of issues.

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 51.2

Haven't updated your laptop's trackpad driver lately? Then you may well want to consider doing so, at least if your laptop is equipped with a Synaptics trackpad. As a user on the Hardware Zone forums discovered, the latest Synaptics driver seems to enable multitouch gestures on older laptops that didn't previously support them, including two-finger scrolling, and three-finger click. What's more, while the drivers themselves come from HP, they should work just fine on other laptops with a Synaptics trackpad. Hit up the link below to try it out for yourself.
Source: Synaptics driver enables multitouch gestures on older trackpads -- Engadget

p.s. working on my P7805u perfectly.

Download directly from HP: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47501-48000/sp47815.exe

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 50.8

Hi all, Suddenly my Lenovo Thinkpad T460 laptop with Windows 10 can not detect all devices through its USB portsThere are three ports and all of them are not functioning normallyWhile at the other pc / laptop these usb device can be identified and functioning normallyThis morning i tried to fix it using Windows Troubleshooter but unfortunately still unsolvedHere is the notif from troubleshooter USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller has a driver problemNot fixed There is a problem with the driver for USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller. The driver needs to be reinstalled.Device informationName:USB xHCI Compliant Host ControllerID:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D2F&SUBSYS_505317AA&REV_21\3&33FD14CA&0&A0Error code:3 Reinstall device driverCompletedThere is a problem with the driver for USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller. Reinstalling the driver might fix this problem. I have updates my Windows and all Lenovo drivers but the problem is still there Anyone have the solution pleaseThankyou

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 50.4

Until recently the touchpad used to work with the HP / Synaptic driver. 2 or 3 finger function worked and turn on / off with the orange light worked.  For whatever reason these functions don't work anymore and I don't find a driver on the HP Support site to download and install.

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 50.4

To save agony for fellow IBMers, be aware that if you use System Update to update to the latest driver for the webcam, you may find yourself unablke to use Sametime 9, both standalone and integrated in Notes.  Smartcloud also crashes (disabling sound).  You can roll back to the previous webcam driver to fix this.  I use SUT and I don't know if this issue only affects SUT users.  Anyway I hope this helps, and also if anyone in Lenovo that can help is watching this, please be aware of the issue.

I am a former employee not a support professional so any help I offer here is as a fellow user.

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 49.2

My T460 had been working perfectly with the Ultra Dock and a 4K display, until I installed the new Intel 520 HD Graphics Driver in January. Since then the display will show vertical false color lines when connected through the DP on the dock. It also has random noise when connected using the HDMI port on the dock. The monitor works perfectly when connected to either the Mini DP or HDMI ports on the T460, itself.  I have tested this with two other Ultra Docks to make sure it is not a dock issue. I also have two T460 laptops, and the one with the old driver, 23.xxxx, works but the one with the new driver, 25.20.100.6472, fails.  If I reinstall the driver it woks for an hour or so and then fails. I cannot use the drivers from the Intel site since they say my driver is OEM specific. I need Lenovo to EITHER give me access to the previous driver OR fix the current driver.  

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 49.2

Hi. Can you please release updated intel graphics drivers ASAP for Yoga 460 and T460 models. Microsoft is blocking upgrades to Windows 1809 until you have a graphics driver that is version 24.20.100.6286 or later, meaning laptops with 6th gen CPU with intel graphics. ref https://wccftech.com/intel-windows-10-1809-compatibility/ 

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 49.2

Hello everyone. The driver for fingerprint sensor is missing from device manager, lenovo update manager and windows update says everything is up to date. I've tried the validity fingerprint common driver from lenovo website.I've updated the BIOS.I've updated the chipset.I've tried lenovo diagnostics. and the driver is not discoverable. please help. 

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 46.8

I accidently deleted my touchpad driver on my Lenovo 305 14IBD.When I download a new driver from Lenovo website and install it, it says no appropriate driver to install. I've also checked and rechecked that I have downloaded the correct driver that matches my system.I've tried installing this driver and it gives me warning of no appropriate driver to install.https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/de/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/300-SERIES/305-14IBD/80R1/80R10051A...

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 46.4

Issue :Im using T470s with Windows 7 OS, 1st - When im using Cisco Jabber to have a video chat\confrence the application will crash. Im suspected it due to the the intergrated camera driver. However when i go to Lenovo site, for T470s i can only found camera driver for Windows 10. 2nd - There is no Synaptic UltraNav available and when go to Lenovo site, for T470s i can only found driver for Windows 10. Question :Is there any Win 7 camera and UltraNav driver from other T model that compatible with T470s? BRMiqdad

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 46

Hello every one.i dont using docking station.i have a problem with my T460 display while using mini dp to vga adapter.while warking with external monitor that connect to the laptop using the mini dp to vga adapter.randomaly the external screen is turn off  and wont turn on, its turn on after a while or if i make restart to the laptop.wihle the external screen is turn off and i open the lid the internal screen is on.thanks all for the assist.

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 46

Hello ExpertsI have problem with my trackpoint i installed the latest version of synaptics driver. (Ver. 19.0.17.87) but after installing the driver the trackpoint buttons are disbaled. I tried to do the settings in the mouse driver settings under thinkpad but still the trackpoint buttons are not working. if i remove the driver and use the native driver in windows-7 the the trackpoint buttons work without any problem but than i cannt use the advanced functions of touchpad like 2 finger scrolling etc. Also i noticed in the configuration screen the graphics doesnt show the buttons. attached the scren shot for the same 

mouse propereties.JPG ?54 KB

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 45.6

Hello,a week ago I made a BIOS-Update with my T460 from Version 1.07 to 1.10 and then some time later I noticed that from there on the internal battery pack was the first to be discharged to 5 percent load and after that it was followed by the external one. Normally it has to be the other way round.In the beginning I couldn't imagine that it has something to do with the new BIOS but today I installed the old Version 1.07 again and now it works just like before the update and the battery packs are discharged in the right order.I heard also Lenovo engineers and programmers read in this forum and so I decided to write about this problem here. Maybe it's possible to fix this bug with a new BIOS-Update.

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 45.6

I purchased a 20FN004CMS a year ago (i5, 8/512, FHD, W10P). Some months ago I became frustrated with normal black text starting to appear rather grey, not only on increasingly ill-behaving web-pages (inadequate contrast on stylistic grounds), but also with my daily applications (Evernote, MindManager, LibreOffice, e-mail, etc.). Tried every conceivable adjustment, including Intel HD graphics-panels color-adjustments and Windows screen calibration, to no avail. The ClearType adjustment with the latter ceased to show noticeable difference between options. Brightness is fine, sharpness as well, but black-level awful, and I work with texts full-time. Contacted the Finnish Lenovo Support, and had a technician change the LCD-panel a month ago. No improvement, though the technician had said it was OK (in my absence). I cannot measure or quantify the contrast-ratio (like they did in Notebookcheck 05/03/2016 - 885:1 on a 20FN003LGE), nor do I have access to an external monitor or a comparable machine, but maybe YOU could help me, first, to pinpoint and document the problem? http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/ has some interesting test-images. http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php is a black-level test. Could you, with a normal FHD T460 at your service, TRY THE TEST, please. Which is the first square your screen discerns? I need this information, in advance of attempted solutions, and surely you can help me (tried the ThinkPad.com forum, too). My T460 shows a hint o... Read more

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 45.2

Hi everyone. I've been using my T460 for a few months. Recently the audio has been skipping when playing a sound. I've already downloaded the newer Intel Bluetooth driver and installed but no luck, the problem continues. Any suggestions? I'm using windows 10 with Jabra Move Bluetooth headphones(they work fine with my iphone so it is not them who are causing the problem). Thanks in advance!

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 42.4

Hey everyone,

I have several ThinkPad T60 Type 6371's at work as test machines. They have all been upgraded to Windows 7 and they all have this ridiculous touchpad driver problem.

The problem is simply that the driver fails to load every other restart or so. This happens both in regular and safe mode. I have uninstalled the driver from Device Manager many, many, many times to let Win7 reload it but the same problem keeps happening.

Any thoughts?

A:Touchpad Driver

Hi
Are You talking about the Lenovo Touchpad driver?
If So try uninstalling it and see how well the Windows driver works. As I remember the one that comes in Windows should work OK.

Good Luck
Roger

Read other 4 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 42.4

On my inspiron 1545 laptop is seems finger tracking on the touchpad stops responding sometimes. I'm using Windows 7 default drivers. Do you think it is a driver problem? Can I use a Vista driver?

Also on a side note is there a way I can disable the tap for mouse click on the touchpad?

A:Touchpad driver

Install the touchpad manufacture's driver. It should provide control over its functionalities.

Read other 2 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 42.4

Hi There i am having issues with finding right drivers for touchpad on windows 7. i tried all of them available on following link http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/6875200/model/7132767 nothing really worked. i also tried installing hp support assistant which turned out useless as well. please help

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 42.4

I just received a new P50 and noticed that the left button below the touchpad was registering a double-click whenever I pressed it. I rolled back the driver from the most recent (July 2016) to the previous one from 2015 and the issue seems to be resolved. Anyone else experience this? BTW, I'm using Windows 10. 

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 42.4

Sir,
Am Using Hp 630 Notebook Pc. I Can't Install Touchpad Driver.

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 42.4

Hi
will Dell's Latitude laptops (e.g. E5450) ever get updated touchpad drivers with smooth pinch to zoom ability like on the recent XPS models? Thank you.

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 42.4

My touchpad stopped working on a brand new hp envy x360. I read to uninstall it, and reboot and reinstall.  I cannot get it to reinstall and run properly

Read other answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 42

Hi,
My touch-pad does not work anymore, so i have tried several drivers from synaptics and so on. It gave me some results, but after some time, the touch-pad just went on and off completely random. After this, the touch-pad died, and has not worked since. I have tried drivers, drivers and more drivers. Nothing seems to be working. I'm able to go into "Dell touchpad" then when i try to push the "touchpad settings button" nothing happens - does not react at all. Hopefully someone can help me

Computer is Dell Xps 16
OS vista 32bit

A:Dell touchpad driver

The only thing I'd tell you is look in the BIOS for touchpad options. Run Dell diagnostics by pressing F12 and booting with diagnostic partition. It may be able to test the touchpad so you can rule out windows problem or PC problem.

If not, it's dead and they'll need to replace your palmrest. If you have still under warranty you may have next day onsite or return to depot warranty. The former is better.

Read other 2 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 42

Hi,
I recently uninstalled the driver software for my touchpad in order to fix other problems, and now I can't figure out how to reinstall the driver. I tried updating the driver, which did nothing, and it won't let me "roll back" the driver. Any tips?

Thanks,
- slizz

A:Touchpad Driver Reinstall

I would recommend going to Dell's support page and download the proper drivers for your computer.
Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]
Jerry

Read other 1 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 42

I've upgraded to windows 10 only recently, and now  i cant use my touchpad, and when i go to the device manager it has no mouse driver for the touchpad, i have to use a mouse...

A:Windows 10 no touchpad driver for e5-411

Hello, Have you tried to install one of the touchpad drivers (Elantech or Synaptics)?

Read other 1 answers
RELEVANCY SCORE 42

Hello all,
I'm new to windows 7. I installed it on my Dell Inspiron e1505 32-bit. I have a question about my touchpad. I can't seem to scroll using it as I use to like I have before. I tried downloading the driver from Dell but I need to install microsoft framework 3.5 sp1. in order to get drivers from that website. Can anyone tell me how I can get the touchpad driver... Thanks!

A:Need Touchpad driver...can't download it.

If you will provide me with the link,or service tag # and I will try and download it for you then upload it to a file sharing site. Have you been able to dowload any other files? If not something is wrong with your copy of 7. Fabe http://support.dell.com/support/topi...7&l=en&s=gen#3

Read other 5 answers